Monday, November 16, 2015

Coldbound Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
1. Hello. Recently I am releasing my third full length album .Rites Under Moonlight.
Now we are on production process and distribution.

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2.Well . Rites Under Moonlight, is a special album, because also is my personal first concept album , the sound differs a lot from the other two releases and because the whole process of the recording was a painfull process with lots ups and down but at the end the final result came at last.
  Previous releases took shorter time to be produced and to be recorded. Anyways I am satisfied 'cause finally I created the Coldbound sound.


3.Originally the music was all instrumental but over the years you have evolved into doing more melodic blackened death metal, doom metal and black metal, can you tell us about how your musical sound has evolved into all of these different directions over the years?
3.I think Coldbound was never an instrumental project. The first EP indeed had a lot of "soundtracks" with only some keys inside but anyways, to the main point. When I start doing music , I did the mistake to listen at bands I want to sound like, such as a copycat ,and I was dissapointed 'cause the sound at the end was not what I was expecting.
In the new album , I have a bit more "universal" ear , through out the whole process of the recordings I used to listen to music that has nothing to do with extreme scene...mostly was pop and alternative rock such as Boney-M , Muse, Seigmen, A-Ha etc. etc.
So I think this helped a lot to create something different without setting transparent boundaries or limits on limiting my sound ,imagination and visions.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?
4.Lyrics are all about personal struggles, nature , demise and on the new album also additional main topic is ice,cold and the winter fullmoon.
Strictly I recorded the whole album during the times of Fullmoon, we all have a source of inspiration and that was mine, if you know what I mean.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Coldbound'?
5.This is a really valid question indeed, and was asked quite many times.I would like to avoid on answering this question since is a really sensitive and personal issue that only a handfull of people on earth know about.

6.Originally this was a solo project but had a full line up at one time, can you tell us what the current status?
6.Yes indeed. Somewhere during April I asked Andras (keyboards) and Jasmin(vocals) to help me with the recordings of the new album.
In fact Jasmin didn't recorded anything on this album but I am having thoughts of recordings for next year, were I am gonna use her voice.
Andras crafted the Intro and Outro . The process of recording was funny as we were trying to record keyboards for the songs of the album .
Outro comes out of the song called "Origins of black sun"

7.In the beginning no lyrics where published but the new album had the lyrics printed on the Metal Archives, can you tell us a little bit more about this change?
7.In the beginning I didnt wanted to share the lyrics , not because of the obvious typos we all do anyways, but because those lyrics ,as the Coldobund name is something really personal. As about the second album , which was dedicated to the life and death of L.S.K(Secrets of The Moon) , there's one more reason to limit this album to a not -so commercial- material.
On Rites Under Moonlight as you noticed I dont number even the album as (III) in front. Is something that I dont want to do anymore with Coldbound , as Rites Under Moonlight opens a whole new direction for me and my musical visions.
Lyrics were published, except the second song "Deep Into The Woods" . Lyrics were done by an old friend and I cant share them , but tho I can use them on the recordings. Also I can't reveal the name of this person but is the same person who did the lyrics on the second album.

8.Whatever ever happened for the plans for the split with  'White Mist'?
8.That's also a question I receive quite often .Never thought news would spread that fast. Well guys from White Mist recorded 2 songs for the split, as well I recorded 2 songs, but without any notice they peferred to release those 2 songs as their individual demo release.
That's not bad at all , but it was a clear message that they didn't wanted to cooperate with me and that's totally fine.

9.On the new album you worked with Black Lion Productions and Moonlight Productions, do you feel these 2 labels have been very supportive?
9.Moonlight Productions is my own creation and label that will release albums of my own projects - and why not...if something nice comes up around then I can release someone's else material.
Black Lion Production , Oliver and Marcos have supported me a lot as well as with Sepulchral Silence from U.K . They are a lot professional and I am sure there's a great future on Black Lion Production ,as long as they keep their roster limited and good as it is now.

10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
10.Well,I haven't read a lot of reviews since there are not so many on the display, but from what I have read, people seem to like what I do. I am not confident about the first 2 releases but at least I can accept that myself I did a decent work on Rites Under Moonlight, so I kinda wanna to believe people will like it.

11.Are you currently involved in other musical projects these days?
11.I am doing vocals at the moment for ARVAS (norwegian black metal band from '90s) and we are going to have a bit of busy times next year. This is as well my main project for the moment. Also I am recording music for Reverence IX which is another personal project but has nothing to do with Coldbound. Is something much more different and professional and will take so much time to release the first album since I want every thing to be perfect on it .

12.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
12.I hope that I will see myself doing steps further...is a long way tho. Lots to learn , lots to listen at.

13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
13.As I mentioned, pop from '80s such as Boney-M's,A-ha,Petshop Boys,Culture Club , then to the most progressive listening to Muse, Seigmen,Deep Purple and lots of other stuff of course.

14.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
14.Well , also one subject I don't want to share on display. Is better if we all keep our views on a personal frame and spectrum.

15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
15.Thank you so much for your time and your interest. I really do hope you guys will like my new album "Rites Under Moonlight" , and will support me by purchasing the album. You can always check out the Coldbound and Coldbound Official facebook pages for more updates.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Official website
SoundCloud
Spotify
YouTube I
YouTube II

No comments:

Post a Comment