Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Ze'oth Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1. It's actually quite simple. When I get sad, angry, stressed etc, I sit on my computer and start recording whatever feels right at that moment. I live in a house next to a mountain that got burnt quite a few times in the past. It just sits there, majestic, barren. That's how I feel my noise is. Cause it's a comforting noise, in my opinion.

2.Recently you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. I would describe it as very moody. When you feel like nothing goes right, crack a beer open and listen to my music. It won't make you feel better, but it will take you places.

3.Most of your music is instrumental but you used vocals on one of the tracks, are you planning on expanding the vocals on future releases?
3. I wanted the songs to be repetitive as much as possible. This creates a numbing effect in the brain. The reason I used vocals in one of the songs was because I wanted to experiment with those. I wanted to see high pitched and low pitched vocals, if they would complete the song, make it better, or take importance off of the music. Whether or not I will expand on this in the future, depends on people wanting more vocals, as well as me wanting to make another EP.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ze'oth'?
4. Without saying too much, because it's a personal matter, "Ze'oth" is actually a deity, some sort of god, that I created for a story at some point in my life. He represented injustice, hope, evolution and power.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians?
5. I don't think I would like to work with someone else for this project. It's something that I will always want to be 100% from my own soul.

6.Where is this musical project located at?
6. Everywhere and nowhere. It started in southern Europe, now it's moving to a more northern part..

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
7. I wouldn't mind a label, but my main goal is for more and more people to listen to "Ze'oth". I could get 1 million people listening to my songs and never have a label, I'm ok with that.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal and drone?
8. Taking under consideration that I uploaded the songs couple of months ago and didn't even care to invite people to like a Facebook page or spam the world with it, I could say pretty good. All I want is for these songs to reach the houses of everyone who feels depressed, alone. Everyone who feels like he had injustice imprinted on his flesh. Everyone who can listen to these songs on a cold winter evening and think "this is where I want to be".

9.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?
9. I am actually. Frontman in a melodic death metal band with enough recognition in its country of origin, as well as northern Europe. And also guitarist in a horror rock band. But I didn't want people to know who I am, or mix these 2 different occasions.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
10. I have no idea. Come what may.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

11. Wolves in the Throne Room. Burzum, Bathory, Sunn O)))) are some of the bands that influence my sound. Other than those, I listen to a very VERY wide range of metal and some non-metal bands.


12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12. Spending hours reading. Either books, or articles about the vast space and its wonders and secrets. Also, A LOT of movies!

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. I would like to thank you for this interview, it's always nice when people take an interest in your work. It's also an honour to answer as many questions as possible. I hope my songs reach those who need them! Until we speak again....

Ze'Oth Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment