Monday, December 12, 2016

Avulsion Rupture Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Avulsion Rupture is a Black/Death Metal band from the UK, combining raw and harsh Black Metal sound with heavy old school Death Metal.

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

Stylistically, there isn't a huge departure from the previous material, but with the new album I was trying to inject a bit more aggression into the music and make the heavy parts heavier than before. I tried to give the guitars a caustic edge to them and make it sound as loud as I could. I’m not a fan of the modern over-produced sound that a lot a Metal bands seem to have today. It sounds very flat and sterile, to me at any rate.

3.Between 2001 and 2014 there was no material being released, can you tell us a little bit more about what was going on during that time span?

Very little to be honest, as the band wasn't active.

4.Your lyrics cover history, folklore and astronomy themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?

It's just things that have always interested me ever since I was young. One of my favourite things as a child (and still is, for that matter) was visiting historic sites such as castles and old ruins and the history that surrounds them. In recent years, I’ve taken part in various community based archaeological digs in the area and I’ve been able to learn a great deal about local history. I’ve done some astronomy courses too, as this has always fascinated me too. I still go out stargazing, when the weather permits that is!

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Avulsion Rupture'?

It’s a medical term for when something is torn off. It seemed fitting for the band name.

6.With this musical project you record everything by yourself are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

I do prefer to work on my own, but I’m not going to say I’ll never work with others. You never know what the future will hold.

7.A year ago you had released a split with 'Kav', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?

They have an excellent ominous sound, which I really like and the track they did for it was really good. Both bands tracks were recorded especially for the split.

8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

There has been some interest, but I’ve preferred to do things myself. I’d be open to working with right label if the terms were agreeable.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?

On the whole it’s been very positive. It’s great to hear when people have enjoyed what you do creatively.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I’ve got a couple of other musical projects in the pipeline, which will be very different to Avulsion Rupture. I also hope to start work on the third album sometime next year too. I hope I’ll keep on improving my song writing and creating some good riffs!

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I’m a big fan of bands like Dissection and Dark Funeral, as well as old school Death Metal like old Morbid Angel and Grave. Recently, I’ve been enjoying bands like Shrine of Insanabilis, Thy Darkened Shade, Havukruunu and Oceans of Slumber. There’s some good local bands active too, like Underdark, Wolvencrown and Arx Atrata.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

I do a lot of photography and I use it to do the artwork for all my releases. I find it immensely satisfying.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I’d like to thank you for the interview and the interest shown in the band. I’d also like to thank all those who have taken to the time to listen and enjoy what I do.

Bandcamp
Facebook
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment