Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Evilforces Interview


1.    For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?


Evilforces is a violent metal band originally from León Guanajuato Mexico, Influenced mainly by a mixture of old school metal bands. I could not define a genre as other similar projects but I like to call it the Demonic Blackened Metal style.


I.    In December you had released an album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Yes, on December 25 came out the album debut of the band "PEST PLAGUES & STORMS" through Symbol of Domination in co-production with Mor Hate Prods. and can be purchased in their official sites. The album has a dark, fierce, violent, cold and sometimes ritualistic essence I would say.



3.    You refer to your music as 'demonic blackened metal, can you tell us a little bit more about this term?

Due to the themes and concept of the band, which is very far from the topics that are usually spoken within Black Metal, I decided to give the style that term. Evilforces does not attempt to impose an ideology, religion, or worship to no one or anything. The band shares the taste for evil, dark, mysterious, and cold, speaking in their lyrics about demonic possessions, conjurings and other terrifying concepts, I use my voice on different pitches, some sort of growls and shrieks, the songs could be long and slow but also short and straight, we uses a stuff that do not have many coincidences with the real Black Metal, even if there would be some coincidences as many people want to see. It's not Black Metal, nor any other genre in specific, so I'd rather give it a custom term.



4.    Your lyrics cover some Sumerian and Occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in those subjects?

That's right There's really nothing special about that. The Assyrian and Babylonian deities related to the demon Pazuzu always attracted my attention, there is even a book that speaks a about all that stuff and I wanted include those topics a little bit in this album, Nothing in particular.



5.    What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Evilforces'?

It was until I had written almost the entire album that I decided to name the project this way, as I say before, due to the influences that I have had since childhood, a mixture of everything that covers the most Bitter feelings. All that stuff was what dragged me to give that name Simple and straight.



6.    With this project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare working solo to a full band?

Everything has its benefits and its obstacles. When you write and record everything for yourself,you have the freedom to do what you want completely, you decide how the songs will be structured, the drums, guitars, voices, and you'll never have a problem because you know what you want and how you want it to sound. It is difficult to find people who are on your own frequency and search for the same as you. In music and for a complete band is a challenge nowdays to find elements who shares the same goals, it takes to much time and at some point you are no longer willing to waste it anymore, so you have no choice than do it for yourself.



7.    The project has been around since 2013 but you waited until 2016 to release an album, can you tell us a little bit more about the earlier days?

Yes, well, it is not that I have waited for pleasure, being one man band has this situation that a single person has to do the work of 3 or 4 musicians, sometimes we use to be too self-critical and drop over and over ideas in the music and I suppose in every way that has to do with the art and creation, also I recorded myself in my house almost all the instruments, I mixed and I mastered, besides realizing the art of the CD and its design. So, as you can see, it is not so simple or quick when you have other responsibilities in your daily life. I can say I learned a lot in this process and the next album will probably take a shorter time.



8.    On the fb page you had said you have had a problem finding other musicians with the same ideology as you, do you feel a lot of black metal musicians do not live the dark lifestyle that a lot of them claim to living?

When you finally find musicians, they have another perspective of work in a band, or you can find people with the same ideology, good taste in old school music but they don't play very well, or they play well and have similar ideas but just like you said, they are just image, claims to be "this and that" and they do nothing, They only want to drink and other shit, and I mean, it's ok, I respect them but we (Evilforces) have another priorities in this road so, it's really hard to find people, really.


9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

The answer has been very good since I showed the project to what are now called "Social Networks", and not only BM fans, also metalheads from all ages who are into similar styles ( Death, Thrash, etc.) Evilforces, is genuine, does not try to copy or follow anything or anyone and that is why maybe people perceive it as it is, and has had a better response than I thought.

10. Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

Still doing what I love to do, give life to this project and create a lot of music to give it for those who like and share the way we do.



11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I think it would be unfair to mention a few artists or one specific band because there has been a lot of people who did and still doing amazing things in music, and also a lot of brand new bands rising and releasing awesome albums so, it might be unfair but, I can say that my influence definitly came from the Heavy, Hard Rock, Black, Thrash and Death Metal of the 80's 90's. And the music I listen nowdays is rock bands from my country, we call it "Rock Latino".




12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?



Thank you for the space given for this interview and all those who have supported Evilforces since the beginning. A big big horns and greetings also for all the readers of Occult Black Metal Zine.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment